Creation year: 1799
Demolished in: 1992
The Carsebridge distillery was foundend in 1799 by John Bald. Carsebridge was first a malt distillery but was changed to grain distillery in 1851-1852.
In 1877, after being managed successively by the two sons of the founder (Robert fom 1844 to 1845 and John thereafter), Carsebridg has been one of the founders of the DIstillers Company Limited (DCL) with some other grain distilleries: Cambus, Cameronbridge, Glenochil, Kirklison et Port Dundas).
In 1966 it became part of the Scottish Grain Distillers, within ehe Distileer Company Limited group.
The annual production in the years 1885-1886 was between 6 and 8.000.000 litres, which made it the biggest distillery at that time.
The distillery was closed in 1983 and demoslished in 1992.
Some of the original buildings are still visible on the business park which has been build on the site. Some of the are usedfor storage and others as a technical and biotechnologic center.