+44 1358 622 217
Owner: Angus Dundee Distillers
Creation date: 1825
The Glencadam distillery has been founded in 1825 near the royal burgh Brechin by George Copper. Two years later it was sold to David Scott. In 1895, the distillery has been taken over by the Edimbourg blender Gilmour Thomson and Co.
In the early 1900's, the Glencadam malt was part of the "Gilmour Thomson's Royal", one of the favourite whiskies of King Edward VII.
In 1954 the distillery has been bought and modernised by Hiram Walker and Son through its daughter society Ballantine's who use the whisky in their blends.
Hiram Walker became part of Allied Lyons in 1987. The latter merged with Pedro Domecq in 1994 to become Allied Domecq Limited.
In May 2003, the distillery became property of Angus Dundee Distillers.
Almost all the production is used in the Ballantine's blends: Ballantine and Stewart's Cream of the Barley Blends.