Morayshire IV33 7AG
+44 1340 831 213
Oener: Inver House Distillers Ltd
Creation year: 1897
Speyburn has been founded by John Hopkins & Co during the diamond jubilee year of Queen Victoria, in 1897.
Settled in a wonderful valley, close to Rothes, Speyburn has been purchased in 1916 by D.C.L. (Distillers Company Ltd) which would become later UDV.
Like most of the other distilleries, Speyburn closed during the two world wars.
The distillery has been innovative from a technologic point of view. In the beginning of the 20th century, Speyburn was the first to recycle the pot ale (distillation residues). Later it was the first to use malting drums, which stopped working in 1968.
Speyburn became property of Inver House in 1991..
Speyburn is amongst others used in the Glen Talloch blend.